Lessons Every Student Learns During His Premed Research: The Beginning!
For all those who think that to become a doctor, all you need to look for is good medical schools and a high-end medical training, then you are probably wrong. We are not saying these two are not important, obviously, you can’t proceed further without any of them but the real deal is to deal with yourself first. Premed schools can offer you the best preparations, they can gear you up for a career in medicine but they can’t instill that much-needed confidence in you. It is you who has to work on it. While preparing for the medicine degree, you will come across a lot of things that will give you many life lessons related to your career choice.
Let’s take a peek at some of them and be mentally prepared for anything that comes your way:
- It Takes Time To Get Fully Involved In A Medical Training: Yes, you will be slow in the beginning no matter how brilliant you were in your school. It takes time to cope up with things, everything happens gradually. You will require guidance at every step. The sooner you fit into this, the better you can plan for your medicine degree.
- You Can’t Go Ahead Without Enough Supervision: While in your medical training, it is the effective supervision, which is needed to figure out things. Therefore, never hesitate to ask your doubts. Since you are in your learning stage, so make mistakes and come up with as many questions as you can. Having all your doubts cleared at this very stage is sure to get you infinite gains in the future.
- Every Student Has Different Strengths And Weaknesses, And You Are No Different: There will be many ahead of you and vice-versa. There will be a difference in knowledge, communication styles, and work ethics, just learn to learn as you are there to play your own role. Focus on improving your concepts, understanding, and conduct.
- Learning Is The Only Thing That Can Help You Get Over Your Fears: In the path to becoming a doctor, you will come across a lot of things that will tend to discourage you but it is only learning that can keep you up. So never miss an opportunity to learn while in your medical training. You may not realize its importance now but will definitely find it useful in the long run.
- Feedback Plays An Important Role In Shaping Your Bright Future: Without an honest feedback, you can never know what is right or wrong. Therefore, always ask for feedback on your performed tasks. This will help you improve and will make you more confident.
In this way, the lessons learned during your medical training can go a long way in your career.
What Do Medical Schools Look For In Applicants
Every medical school is unique and their expectancies may vary based on the rules and requirements of each one, however, there are some traits that every medical school would agree to have in an applicant.
How can your Pre-med course help you prepare and score high in NMAT
One of the requirements before a student can be admitted into one of the top and best universities here in the Philippines is to pass the NMAT or the National Medical Admission Test.
Be the Early Bird – Kickstart the Process to Become a Doctor!
Doctors are known to have healing hands that can make us feel better no matter how sick we feel. However, we often don't think about how long it has taken them to complete the process of medical school and get their practicing license.