5 Ways By Which Pre-Med Students Can Inculcate Strong Leadership Qualities!
Showcasing your leadership qualities doesn’t mean being the Hitler and imposing your dictatorship over anybody. Leadership is all about how you work with your team unitedly, making use of your wisdom and abilities. In case of pre-med students, it is of utter importance to exercise their leadership qualities not only in their own field of medical study but also in various extra-curricular activities.
Following are the 5 ways to be followed by any pre-med student so as to inculcate the leadership qualities for a lifetime:
- At the local community level, the first step you can take is to start working for a cause or starting a non-profitable organization of yours or you can even join any such organization to work with. Be it related or not related to your doctor study, working for any such cause or organization will render you with the qualities of self-sacrifice, empathy, patience and a sudden urge of help to the needy.
- Never miss any opportunity of shadowing physicians for this is going to add a golden feather to your cap in the process of becoming a doctor. This will not only leave a better impression on the medical college admissions committees but also will help you in establishing a strong bond with the physicians who might help you with future recommendations in your career.
- Never hesitate to work for the underrated and underserved community of the society. This will help you in gaining the trust of others, especially of those who are in need. This includes spreading awareness among the underrepresented communities, educating them, teaching them life ethics, sufficing their needs, etc.
- One of the most efficient ways of gaining leadership experience is by getting yourself started with a research project. You can either initiate your own research project (which as a pre-med student is pretty tough) or you can seek the guidance of any professor so as to work under him with his research project. This will gradually pave a path for you to gain the autonomy to further carry out your own experiments and results in the project.
- Besides this, as a pre-med student, you can also be an active member (while in college) in organizing various youth clubs or associations, health campaigns, blood donation camps, being a leader or a captain in various sports and cultural events, etc. Not only humans, but you can even dedicate your time in serving the street animals.
As a pre-med student, your college years are of great importance not just from the point of preparing for the medical courses
but also for the initial stages of getting into the limelight by developing leadership qualities, dedication, commitment, and compassion. Remember! You are the doctor-in-making!
Some Mistakes You Should Never Make In Premed Course!
Life today is more like a rat race where you make one mistake and you face the repercussions for almost the rest of your life. Getting into good schools, colleges and building a successful career for a bright
What Is The Real Difference Between An MD And Phd?
In medical industry sometimes people tend to get confused between the terms MD and PhD. Let us discuss what makes them different. MD stands for Doctor of Medicine or Medicinae
What after MBBS – MD or MS?
Completing your MBBS doesn’t finish the process of you becoming a qualified doctor. MBBS is a qualification that lets you impart and apply human biology. You need a specialization as an MS or MD to complete your process of becoming a specialist.