Dr. Arthi Ganesh B.Sc., MCA., M.Ed., C.I.D.T.T., PhD.
Pro Chancellor – Vels University
Academic Advisor – Vels Group of Schools
Dr. Arthi Ganesh is a multifaceted personality with a vision to create an effective and unique environment for learners at various levels. As the Pro-Chancellor of Vels University and as the Academic Advisor of Vels group of Institutions, she oversees the function of more than 30 institutions that offers programmes from Pre-KG to Ph.D for more than 30,000 students with 6000 staff members.
- Bestowed with the prestigious APJ ABDUL KALAM AWARD by the Tamil Nadu Private School Association
- Received the INTERNATIONAL AWARD by the BRITISH COUNCIL for the Vels Group of Schools
- Played a leading role in achieving ISO certification for her schools by the governing body
- Serves as an honourable member of Education committee constituted by The Southern India Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Under her motivation and support, Vels Group of Schools have received top ranks in renowned groups like Education world, Education Today, Times Ranking and Brain Feed Magazine etc..
- Under her leadership, the Vels Group of Schools has grown up by leaps and bounds from one campus to seven campuses within a short span of time
- Launched the KINDLE KIDS INTERNATIONAL CURRICULUM, a dedicated primary and pre-school curriculum that is indigenously developed and internationally acclaimed
- Felicitated at the Education Thought Leader Conclave on the topic “HOW TO TAKE SCHOOLS FROM GOOD TO GREAT”
- Inaugurated Cambridge certification course — CI CTL offered by university of Cambridge for training teachers
- Pioneer in introduction to Smart class techniques for effective teaching at primary level
- Organizes science exhibition for Board students of Chennai, Kanchipuram and Thiruvallur district annually.
- Every year honours the veterans in the education field and hosts seminars/conferences for retired headmasters
- Provides a wide spectrum of opportunities for her students to be nominated for Scholarship by DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA in academics
Contributions in the field of Education:
- Visited Tower School, Kent LONDON, UK through BRITISH COUNCIL’S Connecting Classroom Project
- Instrumental in Promoting Academic Excellence in all Schools besides enhancing all round personality in children.
- Initiated more than 12 club activities in Vels group of Schools for the holistic development of the students
- Initiated links with Deccan Chronicle to bring out monthly newsletter “VELS DARPAN” through Papyrus Club.
- Collaboration with “The HINDU” and “TIMES OF INDIA” for NIE (Newspaper in Education)
- Initiated ISARI VELAN INTER SCHOOL SPORTS TOURNAMENT to develop and promote sportsmanship amongst the students
- Organizes VELS FILM CRAFT for the benefit of VISCOM students every year
- Provides platform for International Universities to conduct University Fair for the school students to explore various career options under one roof
- Initiates Career Counselling Programs for needy children with special counsellors free of cost
- Played a key role in conducting a workshop on “Prevention and Response to Sexual and Gender based violence” and “Safe child and Safe India” in association with Common wealth, London, held at Vels University
- Trustee in IMCT (Initiative for Moral and Cultural Training), an organization that inculcates values by sowing the seeds of culture and heritage amongst the learners
- To unwrap the students’ hidden talents, she hosts VELS NAKSHATRA – Inter University Cultural Event every year
Notable International Special Projects:
- TIME PROJECT- Canada
- A to Z- Australia
- Indo- Swedish Academic Programs- Sweden
- Connecting Classrooms- London
- World Scholar Cup- Malaysia